Hello guys ! As you may know now, I am vegetarian and most of my recipes are also lactose free. My alimentary restrictions forced me to adapt and to find tasty things to eat. We are in June, and I thought it would be relevant to share with you a refreshing recipe : a raw berries cheesecake. Of course it will be sugar free, lactose free, and no bad fat added ! And tasty obviously ! For the quantity of ingredients it depends on the size of the cheesecake. This one was made for 6/8. If you want a thicker crust, less filling, more topping or whatever, you can totally adjust the recipe depending on your taste. It’s a very easy and quick recipe. Also, you can do it with every fruit that you like, I’ve chosen berries because they are anti oxydant. But every fruit is good for your health. If you want to optimize their nutritionist side, buy seasonal fruits. Frozen ones keep still have their properties ( vitamins, fibers…) but they are more efficient when they are fresh. Enough talking, let’s jump into it !
Inspiration : Sift and Whisk, Pure Ella, My new roots.
FOR THE CRUST
– 250 grams of pitted Medjool dates
– 250 grams of raw almonds
FOR THE FILLING
-400 grams of raw cashew ( nature is better, except if you want a salty side, you can buy them salted but its less healthy )
-250 ml of coconut milk
-1 tbsp of vanilla extract – 1 tbsp of honey ( or agave )
FOR THE FRUIT TOPPING
– 275 grams of berries ( or any fruit that you want )
-1 tbsp of honey ( or agave )
– Place nuts and dates in a food processor, and mix them until they are to your desired fineness. When grabbing a hand of paste, if the ingredients hold together it means that your crust is done. Put the crust mixture in a pan and press firmly. You don’t want to crust to crumble, so make sure it’s well packed. Put the pan in the fridge while you’re doing the following steps.
– Still using your food processor ( clean ), put the filling ingredients and blend on high until very smooth. Cashews take a certain time to become smooth.
– Take the crust out of the fridge and put 3/4 of the filling on top of it. Put the berries in the food processor with the rest of filling, blend until smooth and pour on top of the filling. Place it in the freezer until solid.
-To serve, if you don’t want to eat an iceberg, don’t forget to take it out of the freezer approximately 30min before eating. You can add fresh fruits on top, whipped coconut cream, shredded dark chocolate…
This is it for the recipe, I hope you liked it. Let me know if you tried it at home and what you thought about it. I talk to you soon, Bon appétit les amis !